Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a judgement from 06/25/2007, within the last year,

Customer Question

hi there i have a judgement from 06/25/2007
JA: What are the charges? What's the current status of the case?
Customer: within the last year, the bank account has been garnished. credit card debt for $300 they now want $2,372.00 i have hired an attorney for both events and they have dismissed the garnishment and I have received my money back
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: the original judgement is still acitve active
JA: What state are you in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want to know if I can get it dismissed. I don't want to be worried that they will take my money
Expert:  Legal Expert Justin replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Do you remember ever getting served with the complaint and summons back in 2007?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I never got served

You can attempt to seek relief from judgment if you can show you were not properly served. However, if the judgment was already entered, the court was most likely convinced that service was proper, so it may be tough to challenge that.

Alternatively, you can seek to settle the claim with the creditor. If they are convinced you have limited funds, they may accept a very reduced payment. A 50% reduction would not be uncommon. However, since the original amount was so low, they may even be willing to settle for less than that.