Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I live in California and have a judgement in my favor. Did

Customer Question

Hi, I live in California and have a judgement in my favor. Did not receive payment for two years seven months.I billed for 10% interest for those months,is this correct for the state of California?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 3 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed CA attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. You are correct. Unpaid judgment amounts accrue interest at the legal rate of 10% per year (CCP § 685.010; 7% if the judgment debtor is a state or local government entity, California Constitution, Article XV, §1.)

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?