My husband had a radical procedure in 2007 due to colon

Customer Question
cancer. He was declared 100%...
My husband had a radical procedure in 2007 due to colon cancer. He was declared 100% disabled (unable to work). For 10 years he has dealt with the side effects of both chemotherapy and radiation treatment. In 2015, he lost 90% use of one kidney. He suffers from constant fecal incontinence. We want to know if these are eligible reasons to apply for the Accelerated Death Benefit through our life insurance policy with Protective Life Insurance. We live in the state of Nevada. I need very specific information regarding how to do this. Also we are currently in Swtizerland and for 2 years he has received treatment, an operation for the kidney and his periodic (6 month checks with MRI, Cat Scans, etc) have taken place with doctors and hospital over here.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
He is 63 years old and receiving social security disability since 2007.
Answered in 12 days by:
8/5/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

With an ADB rider, you can generally get a portion of the death benefit of your policy to help offset costs associated with a chronic illness or terminal medical condition, and costs for long-term care. According to the American Council of Life Insurers, accelerated benefits can range from 25 to 95 percent of your policy's death benefit, and are typically triggered by the following medical circumstances:1

• A terminal illness with death expected within 24 months
  • An acute illness, such as acute heart disease or AIDS, which would result in a drastically reduced life span without extensive treatment
  • A catastrophic illness requiring extraordinary treatment, such as an organ transplant
  • If long-term care is needed because you cannot perform a number of daily living activities, such as bathing, dressing, or eating
  • If you must be permanently confined in a nursing home.

You can certainly try here to collect on your insurance policy.You may well qualify here for the funds.

I appreciate the chance to help you today and wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer