Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Its been over 3 years since my mother died. Is it too late

Customer Question

its been over 3 years since my mother died. Is it too late to challange her suposed will [not in her writing or properly witnessed etc...] and there was no probate process or anything of that nature as one of my sisters put herself in control of EVERYTHING including 2 joint bank accounts of my mothers and myself? If I cant challange the illegal peice of paper my sister calls a will can I still take proper mesures of illegal handeling of my joint accounts???
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I knew you would ask that... Nevada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No nothing at all to my knoweldge
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh im sure I could go on, but I dont think we have time at this moment. Should probably be discussed though at some time.
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.
.
You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.
.

If there was no probate case filed, how was sister able to be put in control of financial accounts held by the bank?

.

Were you on the joint accounts with mother solely...just you and her?

.

Were there other assets or just the two bank accounts?

.

.

thanks