Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My mother was approached from someone last night telling

Customer Question

My mother was approached from someone last night telling lies about me. I've reached out to this girl asking her to leave me and my family alone. She will not. Her new boyfriend is my ex and she threatens sharing details of my life. What recourse do I have
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Alabama
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Like what exactly
Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

You can sue her for defamation.Usually your lawyer sends cease and desist letter and you can sue if it doesn't stop here.You will need local lawyer to send letter and sue if you have too to stop the lies and damages to your reputation.I can understand your frustration you do have remedies through the courts for damages to your reputation,

Defamation is essentially an injury to reputation. In Alabama, defamation is defined as a false statement of fact, published or spoken with some degree of fault, that tends to harm the reputation of another so as to lower him or her in the estimation of the community. Libel and slander are types of defamatory statements. Libel is a written defamatory statement, and slander is a spoken or oral defamatory statement.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

Lawyer to sue here

ASB Lawyer Referral Service: 1-***-***-****