Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

From New Jersey I have been scammed from a women or

Customer Question
Ok..My name is ***** *****...
Ok..My name is ***** ***** New Jersey I have been scammed from a women or man..(.not sure if male or female voice) from Ghana few months ago..after paying for plane ticket and telling me she was stuck at immigration....so after spending about. $ 6000 on her I concluded I been scammed and blocked her telephone...a online romance thing that I believed like a fool..anyway about a month later a different women calls me saying she is half Brazilian and half Ghana sends me pictures of herself and tells me she is looking for a family and a future as well and claims to have fallen in luv with me...of course I call her a scammer after what has just happened to me with the previous scammer...so I ask her to prove herself with a video from phone, and of course she said she has a bad phone and doesn't have a good one that can send videos...so as I'm thinking more and more that she has to be a scammer she tells me she will prove it to me so she calls me by telephone.And I swear this women's voice sounds very similar to the previous scammer ...so now another red flag for me. BUT than she says I want to come home to me and start a family and I need some support with pocket money because she can not afford pocket money but she does have a plane ticketso she mails me $320 cash through her good friend in pennsylvaniabecause she doesn't have enough ..so she did mail me $320 cash thru EMS PRIORITY MAIL EXPRESS AND IS NOW ASKING ME TO HELP HER WITH $640 more plus remaining the money she sent back to me..what should I do..I smell a scam again am i wrong..Jonathan Korn is the name that sent me the cash from State College P.A....because I won't send the $640 that she claims she needs to meet her pocket money she asked for me to mail this money of $320 back to her in Ghana plus a little more to get a good phone so she can prove to me with a video chat that she is real...Help. I need your advise !
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Traffic?? Not traffic. Possible scammer from Ghana...???
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have her name in Ghana. She wants me to remain the monet to. Jane Heford
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
7/23/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

,

This is a complete scam.... again... These scammers pass around the names and contact info of people they have scammed so that new scams can be tried on them.. But it is still a scam..

.

Does it sound logical that someone can claim to be in love with you having never met you in person, only on the internet?? It doesn't happen in real life, only in the movies and on TV. And that is what the scammers play on...the hope that someone will fall for this scam so they can get money out of them..

.

Anything, and I mean anything, that comes from Ghana or Africa in general is a scam... the inheritance scam, the fiance scam, the marriage proposal scam, the lottery scam, etc. they are all scams..

.

So please just pocket the $320 and consider it you getting a small amount back of the money you lost on the first scam and don't fall for these types of things again.. Go to one of the pay match sites like E Harmony if you want to get help meeting someone... These scams are done by groups of individuals in buildings out of the US where they sit and play this scam over and over trying to catch a fish..

.

.

thanks

Can you call me ease email not going through or if can't call cancel my order request. Thankyou
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in New jersey. Email not going through. I did give you my information plus my card numbet
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Those phone call offers are not generated by me, but rather by the JustAnswer website. I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website because I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible.

.

However, if you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though.. but that isn't going to change the fact that this is a scam and you are a potential victim twice here if you continue on down this path to its eventual conclusion..

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney