Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I am an 80 year resident in an assisted living facility.

Customer Question

I am an 80 year resident in an assisted living facility. they are using a venstar themostat which is currently turnig my room into a tundra ice box. the night shift claims it does know how to turn the thermostat ac off and or the blower down. the facility claims tha each venstar apparatus does the ac and heat for five people and and they are all regulated by one setting. I have a pulmonary lung dysfunction and cannot take these super cold settings.With that in mind Q1 is can their be any settings possible that can be done for one room and one room only.Q2 are their any settings that can be used for compromised settings so four residents get their a/c but the fifth resident get his heat. The initial salesperson said that this was possible and i bought into it. please advise.
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Your simplest solution would be to either close or cover the vents to some degree so that not as much cold air is blown in. You could tape cardboard over the ducts to block the air or reduce the air flow. Or you could get a small portable heater to use in your room..

.

.

thanks