Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

What is the cost for updating the CCR's for an 18 unit

Customer Question

What is the cost for updating the CCR's for an 18 unit California Townhouse
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I need to present a ballpark figure to the board as to the approximate cost
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Los Angeles CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. Nothing has been done for at least 20 and possibly 30. Just need a very rough estimate.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is the main stumbling block.
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

A lot of this depends on whether there are CCRs that are either illegal now or discriminatory that need to be removed or modified so that they comply with current laws.

.

But if you were talking about a complete review and any modifications that would be necessary to comply with all current statutes I would ballpark it at$1500 to $2K for a review and amendment if necessary, maybe less if major changes weren't necessary and there were no clearly illegal clauses.. And for a completely new updated set of CCRs, Bylaws, and Articles, $5-7K.

.

However, there is no law that mandates than a HOA update their CCRs, it is just that some of them might not be enforceable any longer or have been changed due to statutory changes.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much