Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Sued by my sister. Our husbands have ran an LLC for 20

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I am Being sued by my sister. Our husbands have ran an LLC for 20 years. My husband passed away . They are now claiming my kids got so much financial gain that they didn't deserve, per father, that they want repaid. Question...I have sunk 30k into lawyers thus far. They have a lawyer that promotes, "if you don't get paid, we don't get paid." REally? Is this not costing them anything?? Do they have to pay billable hours as we do? Are we stupid or are they fooling themselves?
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Oklahoma
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm not sure what your asking. This has been ongoing for 2 yrs
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know if those deadbeats are truly free of debt from a lawyer who claims " if you don't get paid, we don't get paid."
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

This would not be the kind of case a lawyer would take contingent fee.There is too much risk they wouldn't get paid.The lawyer here is likely charging them hourly against a retainer.If either party prevails they can ask for legal fees from the looser.It is very possible you get your money back if your lawyer prevails in the matter.So don't give up here you may yet wear them out and get your legal fees if you win.They are likely in as deep here as you are on the other side.If this was contingent fee the lawyer might 605 of the recovery.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again and the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.