Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am a beneficiary of my grandmothers will (25 percent of

Customer Question
her house) and the transaction...
I am a beneficiary of my grandmothers will (25 percent of her house) and the transaction closed on Thursday in New York. Wemb
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: when will I receive my inheritance
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: New York
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/22/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You should have your money within 14 days if the house sold and there were no other reasons to hold the funds.The lawyer and executor should make distribution of your funds here to you so that you can move forward with your life.This is reasonable time for the funds to clear and payment to be made to you in NY.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

14 days of when the property closed?

Yes because these days the funds are wired to the lawyer/estate account and then he should make distribution.You should call the lawyer and verify when he will distribute funds.As the saying goes none of you is getting any younger and you want your money here that you are due.

Ray, Lawyer