N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Experience:  attorney at self
9653905

Can you advise on the form to verify signature that

Customer Question

can you advise on the form to verify signature that accompanies an affidavit. This is being submitted into court in a family custody case.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is for Santa Clara county and it enables the author of affidavit to authentic and state under penalty of perjury etc.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
authenticate
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need a sworn statement signature form or something similar
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

The statute on that is posted here, and states:

"the affidavit of the party shall state that the same is true of his own knowledge, except as to the matters which are therein stated on his or her information or belief, and as to those matters that he or she believes it to be true;"

Standard form is: "I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing is true and correct" if everything is based on personal knowledge.

OR

"I, John Doe, have read the foregoing declaration and know the contents thereof. The same is true of my own knowledge, except as to those matters which are therein stated on information and belief, and as to those matters, I believe it to be true. I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing is true and correct."

I hope this information is helpful.