Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

If person 1 agrees to pay person 2 money, that is basically

Customer Question

If person 1 agrees to pay person 2 money, that is basically blackmail, because person 2 claims to have dirty pictures that were sent to his underage daughter when the daughter was on a site claiming she was 26, when in fact she turned out to be 15, and person 2 said that if you give me x amount of money then I won't take person*****and have person 1 locked up, is that not extortion and blackmail?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Person 1 is an over the road truck driver, so various states may be involved on his part.... person 2 is located supposedly in sc
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, according to person 1, person 2 supposedly contacted a cop, who person 1 was told was in Baltimore Md, and person 1 does not know if this officer was even a real officer, and the officer said that he had something that he wanted to discuss with person 1 and in the end said that if the 2 parties could work it out on their own, that would be the end if it.... now person 2 is constantly harassing person 1, and saying that person 1 can't do anything about it
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Is this a situation where 1 was on the internet in a sexual chat with someone and then the "parent" caught them and now is demanding money to not go to the police?

.

Has 1 paid any money?

.

Is the parent asking for the money via Western Union, Money Gram, Money Pak, Green Dot, etc.?

.

.

thanks