Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I got my truck stuck in mud on Wednesday. the 20th of July.

Customer Question
greetings, I got my truck...
greetings, I got my truck stuck in mud on Wednesday. the 20th of July. The Tow company that pulled my truck out ended up charging me $600 . I believe they have WAY overcharged me. As a subsequence they are now holding on to my truck for two weeks until I come up with this insane amount of money. Keep in mind the company had a chance to see where the truck was located, and did NOT what so ever inform me of what it may cost me. I tried calling both cell and company to no avail on Friday the 23rd which is when the actual pull out was done. I was told at first it would be 2men on the job, then time of verbal billing it happened to be 6 men supposedly on a job that took all day. I don't believe it took all day. Concidence my room mate and I drove to the site at about 4:45 pm . they did not see us as I parked one road over. as we walked closer we can see a company truck, then we heard my truck being revved up, and within minutes it was pulled out. Right before quitting time???
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: AZ, New Mexico plates, 2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Tucson
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yea the first tow person that responded to my insurance call for help, quoted me $300 , didn't matter I didn't have that amount either, plus he didn't want to do it and get dirty .I am on a fixed income. Thank you kindly ok
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
there is a report on it because I was there since 9 am when I got stuck, being in the hot AZ desert heat, I had to call 911 because I was getting heat exhaustion and also needed water. So an officer responded and was there when the second tow person arrived, then he left.
The company did not tow my truck out that same day, it was the next day one of the employees came about 9 am. for my keys. Again, I didn't hear from them all day. Besides as well as the 600, they are charging me, I believe they are also will be receiving $75 from my insurance company.
7/22/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 4 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Tina, Lawyer