Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Traded and signed contract for car on 5-25-2017 then was

Customer Question

traded and signed contract for car on 5-25-2017 then was told on 7-19-2017 that bank cutting back on financing went to dealership on 7-20-2017 they block car in I purchased and brought out my car I traded will not give additional payment that was made and also has cause my car to go into default on loan what can I do
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: dallas texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: this just happen yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else I can think of -I have copy of contract
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 3 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.On review of your facts, you have a good case.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
went to work yesterday and now my car was repo