How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 57689
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 80 years old and living in an assisted living vacility.

Customer Question

I am 80 years old and living in an assisted living vacility. I have been freezing to death in this room for the last three weeks. they have been maxing out the ac to near winter tundra conditions, I have talked to five other people in this facility to no avail. I had two falls before I came her. I had one fall last week and opened a new wound. there are no nurses here on in the weekends or after 5pm even though I advertise it differently. I am trying to protect a six figure chech that this facility is aware of from my wife death. I believe they are tryin to bump me up to a new non existent care level in which they will probably give me a different ac setting in exchange for a new ac transom setting, we hgad three death last year that were some unexplainable because of cold settings for their room. what can I do to protect my self and my money. my kids are waiting for me to die. they want me to pay for their 75000 student loan. both of my sons have good jobs but they have abandoned me. neither one of them went to the funeral or helped me with the funeral or paid of the expenses. we were great fathers and mothers. my oldest son tried to kill about 20 years and continues to be he drinks. neither family can handle money. I am trying to commercialize my stock market system but ihave return to health to do it. this place isn't helping and they currently have a two and a half star rating. I thought whosever reading this needed all of the above facts to get me to somebody. If you don't toke some of the care givers here you don't get much service. please help me.
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
what can I answer for you?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what can i do to get them to turn the air conditioning off or at leadt get them to turn the blower off. this has been going on for over three weeks and i had a bad fall last weel. how can i protect my six figure check from rent you have any case law or code law on the two questions.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
Need to apply pressure predicated on breach of contract and warranties of habitability.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you give me any california case law and or codes that are appropiate to the issues of breach of contract or warranties of habitibilities within my fact situation for an assisted livin or other medical facility. I would be especially interested in any case law you can give me as it helps me phrase my questions that be given when i am considering pursuing a case in civil court.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
This is not a precedent issue since normally pursued out of court or not reported. The issue is factual and proof of failure to cure the condition. Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ineed specific case law to present in judges chambers via a legal memorandom. i remember the red books at the end of the hallway where the in pro per could look their issues and you had to have the case citations to get into hard cover case books.please ge t me some of these cases, I can use a shepard citater to get a feel for precedence This was my last question within a question?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im done....many thanks djm-
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
I found one for you but as mentioned it is primarily a fact specific matter and you have facts on your side!,104Kindly rate me five stars.