Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

We would like to add an automatic renewal clause into our

Customer Question

we would like to add an automatic renewal clause into our rental contract that stipulates that we get 60 days notice prior to lease end and that otherwise the lease will renew for another year, with all terms in tact, and 3% increase in rent. We are looking for the proper way to say it so the contract can be enforeable. how can you help
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we are hoping to sign new lease today with new tenant. Got burned by the last one :-)
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 2 months ago.

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for posting your legal documents question in Florida State.

In the lease agreement you include a heading ' termination and and renewal of agreement '

.

Under the heading you write out that both the tenant and landlord agree to provide 60 days notice of their intention to terminate the lease before the end of the agreement; otherwise the tenancy is presumed to renew with a 3% rental increase for the next lease term, the same as the first.

You would include a liquidated damages provision for failure of either landlord or tenant to comply with the 60 days notice term. This can be 1 months rent.

If you have already written a clause, this can be reviewed by myself as an extra service.

You send it through the site server and a document review can be made available.

In relation to my answer

I count on positive ratings, so please take the time now to rate positively.

You do this by rating 5*, 4* or better.

Here for follow ups.

Thanks

Attorney Bill