Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

After mediation agreement is signed and before the final

Customer Question

after mediation agreement is signed and before the final decree is signed. Can you make any changes or additions?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: agreement signed late thursday not sure if filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help. I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money. Some people just prefer the speed of a phone call and that the information not be posted on the public forum.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

You need to file a motion to revoke or amend the mediated settlement agreement and set a hearing so the Judge can hear the situation. The judge will either deny the motion and a decree will be entered along the lines of the settlement, or agree and send the parties back to the table.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!