I filed an emergency order to show cause with temporary

Customer Question
restraining order in Supreme Court...
I filed an emergency order to show cause with temporary restraining order in Supreme Court and had an oral argument with judge and defendants attorneys, the relief I sought was to stay a civil housing court case that one of the defendants started after my case in Supreme Court was started. This relief was denied at that time and return date was put for another date. What is to happen at that hearing since what I was asking for was already denied?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
7/19/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 10 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and thank you for requesting me. I see that in your prior question that I have answered, you closed/refunded the question thread without rating me, thus not giving me credit for the answer, despite me providing a concise, clear, and correct answer in two, full paragraphs, using New York Consolidated Laws CVP Rule 3025 as my source.

To me this signifies that you were not satisfied with your answer.

I am going to opt out and open this up for other experts, to ensure that you find an expert whose answer you find satisfactory. All the best to you in this matter.

Lawyer: FamilyAttorney, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
FamilyAttorney

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 37 years’ extensive experience in family law, trials, appeals, contracts, landlord-tenant, and other types of law.

This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also, I’d like to review your question for a minute and type your answer. If I am not here for a few minutes, that means I am typing your answer. THIS IS NOT YOUR ANSWER YET so please allow me time to type it up for you. It may take a few minutes, so please understand that. Thanks!

I'm another expert and licensed in NY. Can you please tell me what the case in S Ct involves and what is going on in civil court? Thank you.

I'm asking just for information

Right, and I'm happy to help you. But I can't answer a question in a vacuum without knowing a little bit about what's going on. If you have a hearing in Sup Ct, and I don't know what the action is for, I won't be able to tell you what is going to happen without knowing what is going on in S Ct and in civil court.

Tina, Lawyer