Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My ex turned in another pleading to reconsider compel if

For Law Educator
My ex turned in another pleading to reconsider compel if home sale. It is past the 10 days he should have had to do that. What response is required. Please rake a look at it.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
UGH, is all I can say. You file a motion to dismiss/quash the pleading and another motion for sanctions for filing beyond the statutory 10 day period and seek attorney's fees and costs for having to respond to this pleading which serves no purpose again other than to annoy or harass you.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My attorney provided him with that new listing contract and that is the only point he is trying to 'reuse' or claim wasn't seen by the court. Do I need to out rightly address that? Or is it irrelevant? It is the exact same listing provided prior to the first filing in addition I think the Mls listing may auto fill the owners of the property.... See his paragraph 3
Thank you for your reply.
It is irrelevant to this pleading he is trying to file. Even the new listing contract is irrelevant to him seeking reconsideration, since he is beyond the time and also the new contract is still proof you are trying to get rid of the property which he is claiming you are not trying to do.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
In rereading what is he seeking to clarify and is there a legally significant difference between clarifying and reconsidering?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I posted another question for you too

Thank you for your reply.

No, he keeps filing over and over for the same thing and you need to push your attorney to file for sanctions against him.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
In looking at it my attorney did not send me the second page. In addition the response is due this Thursday....

Thank you for your reply.

It looked like I got two pages not the third page, which may just be the signature page, you need to ask him for it though.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It isn't there is a whole page missing which is part of #3. My attorney drafted a response to it and got EVERY SINGLE FACT wrong in his response.

Thank you for your reply.

You need to call him and tell him that and tell him you do not expect to pay for the additional time since it was HIS mistake not your mistakes.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am pretty passed that my attorney would get all the facts wrong regarding the listing (specially since they were correct in the origional objection) and that he would wait until 2 days before its due to get it to me.
I agree with you and we discussed that before if you remember about getting another attorney or just forcing this one to do a better job and keep track for your malpractice claims later. There is no excuse for him getting the facts wrong in the case.