Form#5 Order to show cause says "The Court based on the file…

Customer Question
Form#5 Order to show cause...
Form#5 Order to show cause says "The Court based on the file and record herein, and based on the Plaintiffs Motion and Declaration for Order to Show Cause , Now Hereby Orders and Requires the above named defendants to appear before the above captioned Court, Dept.# ----- on the -----day of ------ 2017 at 9:am and show cause why a Writ of Restitution should not be issued for eviction of the defendants from the above designated premises, and why the other relief requested in the Complaint should not be granted. If the defendant is not served with this Order to show Cause at least 7 days prior to the hearing date above ,then the hearing shall be continued to Friday at 9:am, one week after the date set forth above. If the defendant fails to appear and show cause at the time and place specified by this Order, the Court may order the Sheriff to restore possession of the property to the Plaintif and may grant such other relief as may be prayed for in the complaint and provided by the Washington Residential Landlord Tenant Act, RCW59.18. Dated this ----day of ------,2017 ---------------------------- Superior Court Judge/Commissioner So do I fill in this form? and the Judge signs it or does the clerk or Judge fill it out and Judge signs it. Thanks This is in Clark Co. Wa. for a self help Eviction packet that I purchased. Paul
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/17/2017
Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today.

I'm typing up my reply now and will return with it within the next few minutes.

This is an order that needs to be signed by the judge. Once you have a judge's signature ordering the tenant to appear, you will serve the document on the tenant. Then, if the tenant doesn't show up, the court will most likely grant you the relief you requested and have the Sheriff remove the tenant from the property. Did this answer your questions? Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Good afternoon. I just wanted to check in. Do you require any more assistance?