INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I recently started driving for uber and lyft in Oklahoma

I recently started driving for uber and lyft in Oklahoma City and have installed neon lighting around the interior of my car and 1 light strip that reflects off of the glass of my sunroof. the neon lights are to illuminate my car for my riders and to make the experience more pleasant. the light strip that is around my sunroof is currently blue and pulses with the beat of the music. also there is a strip in the center of the back seat that is blue and pulses the same way. the glow can be seen from outside of the car but not the actual lights specifically. I have had a few passengers ask me if it I had been pulled over before. I said no because I wasn't flashing any red lights. But now I am curious. Am I driving legally with my setup or should I make changes? I have already passed nearly 20 patrol cars with my lights turned on and nothing has happened yet.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Oklahoma. the car is 3 years old
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Your conduct is not illegal. There is no law or ordinance that bars it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I read on a website that dealt with under glow neon lights and stated that there can't be any flashing lights, no red or blue lights visible from the front of the vehicle, blue lights are completely prohibited so as to not resemble an emergency vehicle, and only solid white lights are to be used to illuminate the license plate.the problem is, the website only addressed the exterior lights, not the interior

Exactly, which is why I do not see a problem. it is not generating a confusion with the police or otherwise.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok, thank you