Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I had received checks deposit into my checking account with

Bank of America which i...
I had received checks deposit into my checking account with Bank of America which i believed whose represented on behalf Citizen Bank. I did withdraw the whole sum once I had been notified from bank of America about those deposits. After a few days, Bank of America had reviewed and closed my checking account and those deposits were returned unpaid.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Massachusetts
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I haven't file a report
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Now i am entitled to those transactions.
My account opened with bank of America only 1-2 months.Deposits were made 3 times in amount of $992.00, $992.00 and $1010.00
I only have 1 bank account. Since, They deiced to closed my account. I cant pay rent, car payment, bills or even foods. Can i file a class action?
7/17/2017
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Why were those checks deposited in the first place? Was this done in error or were the checks issued to you?

I applied for a personal loan and they said i needed to send back the fund once i receive it to gain their trust
Give me 15 minutes

I am sorry but I do not understand. Are you saying you found a 3rd party to loan you money and they sent it to you and you sent it back and then you BOA account was closed? Does BOA want you to repay the money?

Sorry, I have no reception.

We can chat online. A call is extra as well, so I just wanted to share there would be an additional cost.

I think i'm all set now. you may charge me for phone call fee. Thank you
I was confused. nothing is wrong. Totally misunderstanding

An expert should be contacting you shortly. Based upon what you shared above, it does appear you were caught up in a scam. A lender is not going to send you money and ask that you return it, to build trust. What happens, is that the money which they send you, with these checks, was no good and was never going to clear. However, by the time that was known, you would have already withdrawn it and sent it back to them, so they would have the money and you would now owe it to your bank, since you would be liable for the deposits and withdrawing it. What BOA did was not illegal, as there was fraud on the account. They would have a right to close the account and can deny doing business with you. There would be no basis to sue them, as they did nothing wrong and you can open another account with another bank, if you desire. I know this is not ideal and you are a victim but BOA would not be subject to a lawsuit for this.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Michael Bradley
Phone call session started
LegalKnowledge, Attorney