How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Bradley Your Own Question
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 540
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michael Bradley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just discovered husband cheated on me for 2nd time in our 23

This answer was rated:

Just discovered husband cheated on me for 2nd time in our 23 year marriage. He has admitted to it and has agreed to continue paying for 2 properties and leaving properties under our 2 children. Can it be done in writing?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Chicago, IL
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: It is sunday. I have legal access via work, pre-paid legal. I sent an email request , office hours are Monday morning.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have 1 paid vehicle. 1 leased and 1 being paid for my son. He has purchased jewelry and whined and dined another married woman. He claims I don't give him attention but he has lied about working OT. I also inherited a life insurance from my deceased brother. Can I transfer money to my children's accounts ? What are adultery laws or infedelity laws? He is a Police officer I am a registered Nurse undergoing precancer treatment.
You and your husband can agree to anything with regard to the distribution of your assets as long as you agree. If it goes to a divorce situation, then it could be up to the courts to decide. Any kind of agreement that you make I would have solutely have put in writing. With regards ***** ***** inheritance, that is your money and not marital as long as you did not commingle it by putting it into an account in both your names. I am sure it's some point you will be contacted by the attorney that you have through work. Make sure that they have experience in divorce and dissolution of assets as a result of divorce. Even though he has given you fault grounds through the infidelity, most divorces at this point go no fault which means that the court does not need a reason to dissolve the marriage. His infidelity could be used as a negotiating chip to get you a better Equitable deal. Please make sure that you take a look at his retirement and his pension accounts as I am sure they are solid since he is a police officer. Also his life insurance policies as well
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you . I really appreciate your assistance with this matter. Would you recommend separation with no divorce?
That really is something that is up to you. I really cannot give you advice with regards ***** ***** to just separate or to go through the divorce. That is more of a personal decision and what you are willing to live with or be able to live with. Some people have no problem with the separation while some people only want the divorce. That is something that you could talk to your attorney with or a counselor or friends Etc
Please write my advice. While I do not do this for the ratings, my compensation is tied to the ratings. Thank you. If there is anything else I can do feel free to ask.
Michael Bradley and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you