LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer
Experience:  General practitioner with diverse legal experience.
60109343

I would like to know how to properly rescind a contract in

Hello, I would like to know how to properly rescind a contract in Nevada? Both parties agree to rescind the contract due to an unintentional false material fact. Thank you
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

What sort of contract is this? Has money changed hands yet? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I paid a salon a $900 down payment for a six month apprenticeship. The contract I signed was for an apprenticeship at the salon followed by a six month contract to work at the salon after the apprenticeship ended. The false fact was the 6 months worth of work after the apprenticeship ended. The salon owner insists that the contract was only supposed to included the apprenticeship I began paying for. My apprenticeship has not officially begun yet.

Thank you very much.

Typically, you would sign a document along the following lines:

"MEMORANDUM TO MEMORIALIZE RESCISSION OF CONTRACT

Whereas, Party A and Party B signed a contract on [DATE] ("The Contract") for the purpose of a salon apprenticeship followed by a guarantee of 6 months employment.

Whereas, The Contract was based on a false material fact regarding the guarantee of employment.

The parties hereby agree to rescind The Contract effective immediately and The Contract shall have no further force or effect. All monies paid by Party A to Party B shall be returned within seven calendar days from the date of this Memorandum.

___________________

Party A

___________________

Party B"

Please understand that this is only a general suggestion for how something like this would typically be drafted. It is up to you to tailor as necessary to fit your particular circumstances.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is that legally proper in Nevada specifically?

Absolutely. There is no one specific way to go about rescinding a contract in any state. Doing so is simply a matter of properly identifying the contract, the parties, the material mistaken fact, the rescission, and any specific details that need to be addressed (i.e. returning money paid). It's something that's governed by general principles of contract law, nothing more or less.

Again if there is anything more I can do for you just let me know. It's my pleasure....

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Wonderful! Thanks so much!

You are very welcome! Have a pleasant evening.