Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Im feeling that I'm being harrassed. This is what happened.

hi Im feeling that I'm...
hi Im feeling that I'm being harrassed
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: this is what happened
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my son who is about to take his drivers test in about a week...does have his permit...asked to drive down the street to get car washed and i gave him permission
he was leaving car wash and tapped this guys truck...my son told me immediately about it..but the car was being driven by another minor who just got her license and it did not seem like a big deal so...there was no damage to my car and the girl said it was ok and my son left. a day later her dad calls my son very upset of what happened and then i spoke to the guy late that day. he said he doesn't want money..but he wants my son to learn a lesson about driving without a license. He asked my son to do yard work to make up for the damages. otherwise he would call police and he would not get license. he was very intimidating. He sent me a picture of damage and my son said that it doesn't look right. he did not hit it that hard. but i had no way of proving otherwise. this guy sends me a damage bill of about 2000 and expects my son to work it off at $10 an hour. I felt trapped..I have insurance but he already had it fixed by insurance. So, we established that my son and i would meet him at his house to do yard work. I felt uncomfortable the whole time. he made us sign a contract saying that we would work off damage. but, i do not want to go back to his house...i'll pay off what i need to...but i do not want him calling us or intimidating us again.
7/17/2017
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

what can i do to get out of this contract of doing yard work for this guy. he said I would go to jail if i do not pay off the bill with work. He said that he would call police! but, the only thing that happened was that his car was bumped by my son ...but he lied about the extent of damage because there was no damage to my vehicle. I feel entrapped and I do not know what my liability is in this case.

So you signed the contract...but the contract was for your son to provide the labor?
Is that correct?

P. Simmons, Attorney
Phone call session started
P. Simmons, Attorney