Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez,
Experience:  Managing Member at EWF Title, LLC
93419235

I am selling four apartments inherited from my mother in

I am selling four apartments inherited from my mother in law. I have already signed an agreement. Was I supposed to give the tenants a Notice of Intent to Sell? I am having nightmares about a lawsuit by the buyer.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: San Diego, CA
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I signed an agreement accepting the offer by the buyer.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My daughter has been managing the apartments and the buyer agreed to let her stay one year without paying rent. I have no way of knowing if she has all paperwork from tenants.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.Presuming the written leases do not require such notices, then the notices of sale to your tenants are unnecessary.Please note that you should disclose each lease to the prospective buyer and make sure the buyer is taking this property subject to these leases.