RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I saw a commercial on tv about a chemotherapy drug that was

Customer Question

I saw a commercial on tv about a chemotherapy drug that was administered to me called Taxotere. The commercial stated that if the hair I lost does not regrow, I may have a law suit. Is this correct?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. I'm just trying to find out if this is a possible case. I have lost most my eye lashes and hair on my head is not regrown fully. I have so much hair lose on my head you can see my sacpel everywhere
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess I could ask him if I remember anything else
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

There is indeed a class action lawsuit going on and numerous personal injury firms soliciting people who have taken the drug, alleging that it harmed them and that the drug manufacturer knew and failed to warn people.

You can see that here. And here. Article about litigation here. I would anticipate litigation to likely take years, especially since I anticipate the losing party will immediately file an appeal, but it is true that lawsuits have been filed and firms are looking for more people to build class action claims.

More class action solicitations:

https://www.classactionlawsuithelp.com/taxotere-class-action-lawsuit/

https://www.forthepeople.com/class-action-lawyers/taxotere-causes-permanent-hair-loss-in-cancer-patients/ (this is actually a big firm based out of Orlando, the named partner ***** ***** is quite well known)

There have not been any Taxotere lawsuit settlements at this point. Lawyers are still actively filing new lawsuits rather than negotiating settlement agreements. The first lawsuits were filed in mid-2016. Once your lawsuit is filed, you will be eligible for any future settlement offer, but there is no guarantee of a payout. Sanofi-Aventis denies wrongdoing and will fight these lawsuits.