Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

What is the law in NC regarding a person on Craigslist

Customer Question

What is the law in NC regarding a person on Craigslist indicating they are 18, then sending nude photos back and forth then only later did they say they were under 18.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What if any are the criminal charged regarding to my question ?
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Let me guess, this person now claims to be a minor and their parent caught them and now wants money to not go to the police?

.

Does this sound familiar?

..

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that is correct, they claim that their child tried to overdose because of this situation and is now in the hospital. They have
a $3,400.00 hospital bill that they want me to pay half right away. I said the only way I would pay is to see the hospital bill for verification. At first they claimed not to have the bill and couldn't get it right away. Then the father? txt me to say he is getting the bill. What should I do?

Yep, this is a complete scam... We see this a few dozen times a week here on the site and it is always a scam...always..

.

There is no minor, no parent, no broken phone, no broken computer, no therapy, no damages... or whatever they are claiming..

.

There is just a room full of scammers who troll the internet looking for victims and try to scare them into paying them money via an untraceable source like Western Union, Money Pak, Money gram, etc.

.

So cut off all contact with them, block their number, and try to be more careful on the internet..

.

And yes, again, it is a complete scam... no matter how many times you ask....

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

thanks