Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm trying to find a lawyer to help me with slander,

Customer Question

I'm trying to find a lawyer to help me with slander
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A lawyer from NY is attempting to sue my job because he claims I threatened him which I didn't do
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: And I was terminated
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to know if I can sue for slander?
On the morning of July 9, 2017, I encountered the potential guest Chris Cardillo. The night of July 8, 2017 I received a call from a woman guest in room 106, the guest complained about the smell in the room, she said that she was told the smell would go away but it never did. I had no choice but to move her rooms, I gave her a room on the 4th floor; however, in order to give her this room I had to take it away from one of the arrivals since we were fully booked. There were three guest due to check in, two of which were with rectrix that had a contract with us, and one was a diamond member. Chris was the one I chose, I didn't look for a room because I was sure if he was coming, because a lot of times people do not show up, also I was not trained on proper protocol on how to handle it, each hotel does it differently so I did what I'm used to. When Chris and the woman he came with showed up, i informed him that I didn't have a room for him, but I was going to look for a place for him to stay on us, I started to call different hotels in the area, with no avail. At the same time I was calling Chris started calling Hilton, Chris began yelling at the agent saying how he was going to sue them, because he is a lawyer. Chris told them that I was kindly helping them. Chris then told me that he had a reservation in two days with the ritz and asked if they would pay for that and I said it's has to be the same type of hotel, but he said he was just tell the ritz to do it and he will have Hilton pay because he was going to sue. Chris then told me to get him a letter head from the manager saying there were no rooms, and told him that he was have to wait for the morning to get that, I told him that I was the only one there and that there wasn't a manager I duty. Chris began to yell at me and tell me that I was lying, I told him that most hotels don't have a manager on staff at night just an audit, he told me that that was stupid, he called up the ritz and asked them if they had one on staff and they did yeah and he was like see and I said well it's probably because they are bigger, he told me I didn't know my job, and he started yelling, I told him to take it down a notch, he said no for me to and I said the only reason I raised my voice is because he is yelling at me, he then brought up customer service and I said I didn't give a f**k about customer service because I wasn't going to allow him to talk to me the way he was. I noticed he was recording and I said whatever record because you are acting obnoxious while I just finished trying to help you look for a room, and he and the woman left. I never once did threaten them
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 3 months ago.
What outcome are you seeking?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to sue the guy claiming i threatened him because I did not, and know the video shows I didn't. He kept calling me stupid, cutting me off, and yelling at me, the video doesn't show that part so I feel Like he preyed on me because of my lower career status. I feel like should be able to sue my job for not giving me the proper protocol on situations like that, because I was the only one there.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry, I can't afford the $59.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My job put me in that situation because they rent out those rooms knowing they had a toxic smell.
I can answer without the call fee.
Do you want an answer for original fee in chat?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The original fee in chat
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Am I supposed to call you?