INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

My postal carrier is withholding mail no notice. Returning

Customer Question

My postal carrier is withholding mail no notice. Returning properly addressed mail to the sender, treaspassing on my lawn as well as telling neighbors that my dog bit him. I have contacted the local postal inspector agent and he stated that his job was to make sure his employees were safe.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm currently on hold with USPS customer service. Other than a brief conversation with the local postal inspector, I have not formally filed a complaint. Do you have any suggestions as to which agency I should file/ report?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thank you.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 3 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil courtYou can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Postal inspector supervisor is the immediate option!