How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister was killed in car accident. I am her only living

Customer Question

My sister was killed in car accident. I am her only living relative. She only owned a car. I paid all the funeral expenses. The insurance company told me I need to be appointed as administrator because the funds has to be made out to her estate. How do I become administrator
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: California, I think car is 1990. I would have to double check
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have the police report if happened Dec. 2016. I live in Maryland. The insurance gave me the info that I would have to be made administrator be I could get reimbursed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all I know
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 days ago.

I am truly sorry for your loss. You mention insurance this the automobile insurance?