Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I have a question concerning with a bank. My daughter has 2

Hi. I have a question concerning with a bank. My daughter has 2 payroll checks that bounced and the bank wants to file charges on her but she didn't write the check, the employer did. They equal to almost 4000. Can the bank put charges on my daughter? She didn't write them she only cashed her payroll check. We live in texas
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: She said the bank told her cause she spent the money it's her responsibility too. But that was her payroll check. They said they have put charges on her out of rusk county
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I'm not aware of any law that would be violated by her depositing payroll checks which were later returned. She will be civilly liable for the amount of the checks but not criminally.

Did the bank say what type of charges they were trying to get filed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She said the bank said they turned everything over to the d.a. and charges were filed on her to. But again she did no write the payroll checks. She only deposited them in her account and spent the money cause they were her payroll checks

She probably needs to go ahead and retain a local attorney to see if they can head this off because there shouldn't be any charges filed against her but the bank could not reveal all the information in an attempt to get her charged. She probably could even pursue her lawyers fees against the bank.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Thank you very much

You are very welcome.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Will do.