How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Eagle Your Own Question
Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3069
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legal Eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a commercial truck In denver,CO trying to bring back

Customer Question

Hello I have a commercial truck In denver,CO trying to bring back to California Truck has no license plates or insurance is it legal to drive it back
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 12 days ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Unfortunately, a vehicle is not going to be legal to drive back. Every state in the Union requires that a vehicle have proper tags, a license plate, a dealer plate, temporary plates, or and proper insurance as well. You could always risk it to try to drive it back, but you may want to get the insurance in the license taken care of in advance.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is there a such thing as a permit to get ?
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 12 days ago.

I'm sorry, but based on what I can see a temporary permit for this matter is not available. This is particularly true in California where I am licensed to practice law. Basically, you're going to have to go to the regular registration procedures before you drive the car back leave early. As I mentioned, you could always risk it, but given the distance between Colorado and California it may not be worth the risk to have your car be potentially impounded for being unregistered.