LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I have a dealer that sold me a vehicle that was suspposed to

Customer Question

I have a dealer that sold me a vehicle that was suspposed to be in great shape. I received the car and in six hours I called him it was a complete hack job and not safe to drive. I have two estimates stating that and he will not refund my money
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: tampa florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: That's what i'm trying to find out who to DMV?? was going to also hire legal representation if needed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, just that. I have all other documentation to go with it
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 14 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. Was the vehicle sold "as is"? Was there anything in writing, to support and show his statement that the vehicle was in "great shape" as he stated?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
was sold as is, however his web site says he only sells front line vehicles. sixy years in business and they go over each vehicle and retun it to front line condition, on the sell page, on his web site
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I did by this off of ebay

Thank you for the reply. When a vehicle is sold as is, the buyer takes it in its current condition and the seller makes to representations, as to its performance, condition, warranty, etc. However, a seller can not misrepresent the truth, provide false statements or say and/or do things which a customer/buyer will rely on, that they know if not true. In this case, if the vehicle was "inspected" and you were lead to believe there were not issues with it but there were, you could have a basis to sue, for the fraud, misrepresentation and deceptive and unfair trade practices.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0500-0599/0501/0501PARTIIContentsIndex.html

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!