Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can I get appeal brief on Choconas v. Myers, V, Cykkem 26 Wn

Customer Question
can I get appeal brief...
can I get appeal brief on Choconas v. Myers, Roger V, Cykkem 26 Wn at 710-11 , O'Connel V. Chicago etc. Co, 184 Ill, 308, 56 N.E. 355?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am trying to appeal summary judgment against me on allegation by the District of Columbia that the public has established public prescriptive easement on my vacant lots. Therefore, I would like to get a brief on similar case which I can use as a sample.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It is in Washington D.C.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I bought vacant lots from the District Government at tax sale bids. I went to court to foreclose on the right of redemption where the District was a defendant. Now the District is came back and filed a complaint for declaratory judgment claiming that the public has prescriptive easement on the total area of the lots. Can the District file the complaint for itself and behalf of the public when it was the one who sold me, accepted the judgment and issued me simple deeds? The District is claiming that my deeds are subject to recorded and unrecorded easement (D.C. code 47-1382). But if the easement is going to consume the total area of the lots, isn't is adverse possession rather than prescriptive easement?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 2 days by:
7/16/2017
Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Let me see if I can find those briefs for you using the online database I have access to

The O'Connell v. Chicago case is from 1900. There isn't any way that the briefs for that case are going to be available.

Let me see if I can find some briefs about cases involving prescriptive easements

Here are two briefs to the DC Court of Appeals arguing that the other person did not have a prescriptive easement. They might not be directly on point, but can aid you as a template for creating your brief.

I hope this has been helpful. If so, please provide a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today!

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney