Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I accidentally hit send on a internet stub hub ticket sale.

Customer Question

Hi, I accidentally hit send on a internet stub hub ticket sale. As I was pressing button i realized it was for the wrong date. i immediately called and tried to cancel and switch for right date. I was told too bad, will resell for me but would not refund. Everyone makes a mistake. I tried to back out of sale and could not. I then called credit card company to dispute was told I had to wait till sale was posted. How could there not any protection for immediate error mistake?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York tickets were purchased for a broadway show
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not filed but called ticket sales company immediately and the credit card
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: probably, but lets start here
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The reason being, in this case, is because there may not be another buyer, who wants those tickets. Stub Hub is a 3rd party that makes money off of what they charge, to allow tickets to be bought and sold through their site. It is the obligation of the buyer, to make sure everything is proper, before purchasing. The seller is entitled to their money and the site to theirs as well, so while I 100% understand that this was a mistake, they are not legally obligated to cancel or refund the money, since the purchase was made and controlled by you. I know it is not ideal but the site nor the seller did anything wrong, which would require them to refund the money

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!