Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Car dealer bought my nonworking car they have title it has 2

Customer Question
and a half months they...
Car dealer bought my nonworking car they have title it has 2 and a half months they have not come to get the vehicle from my yard I have made multiple calls they keep saying they are coming to get it what can I do
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Maine 2000?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Filed or reported to whom
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
7/14/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money. Some people just prefer the speed of a phone call and that the information not be posted on the public forum.
Send them a written demand to remove the car within 1 week. If they do not then have the car towed to their lot. Demand they reimburse you for the charge. If they refuse, sue them in small court for breach of contract.
Small claims court is designed to be a "user friendly", simplified process, so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney