Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

This is regarding a MD Separation Agreement, I live in LA;

Customer Question
JA: What state are you...
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: This is regarding a MD Separation Agreement, I live in LA; however the MD laws apply
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My document has multiple pages, should each page have been notarized?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
7/14/2017
Lawyer: FamilyAttorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
FamilyAttorney

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 37 years’ extensive experience in family law, trials, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law.

This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also, I’d like to review your question for a minute and type your answer. If I am not here for a few minutes, that means I am typing your answer. THIS IS NOT YOUR ANSWER YET so please allow me time to type it up for you. It may take a few minutes, so please understand that. Thanks!

A separation agreement should be notarized, but that's at the bottom of the agreement, not on each page. It's a good idea for each party to initial each page, but that is not essential either, although it's a good idea because it shows that you both saw and read each page.

Your separation agreement should be okay without it being notarized on each page as long as it is notarized at the end of it.

Does this answer your question or would you like more information?

Your separation agreement is fine as long as it is notarized at the bottom. These agreements are not notarized on each page. They can be initialed on each page but they don't have to be. The agreement, if it conforms in every other way, is valid.

Thank you for letting me help you today!

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. That includes looking for lawyers. I’m happy to do so! I’m here most of the time (usually at night!) so you can always come back and talk to me (no extra charge) after I’m rated. If I’m not here, I will get an email if you leave me a question.

Please accept my answer, and please rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars (5, 4 or 3 stars, 5 stars would be much appreciated as I ALWAYS strive to give you 5 star service!). This can be found AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information such as where to find lawyers. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating. I have given you the benefit of my legal knowledge and 37 years of experience as well as my time.

Feel free to come back here for a follow-up question based on this one.
You're welcome to ask follow-up questions at any time, any day after I'm rated, free of charge.

We are not employees of Just Answer but are independent contractors, so your rating is very important to us so that we can be reimbursed for our work. Thank you! I'd rather be given the chance to add more information than be rated negatively, so I thank you for that.

If you want to ask for me specifically another time -- for a new question -- ask for "NYFamilyAttorney ONLY" and I will get the question. Otherwise you can come right back into this room for follow-ups, free of charge.

Best of luck to you!

I strive for 5 star service every time, so if there's anything else I can do to earn that, I'm happy to do so.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with or if you have additional questions. I'm happy to help.

Hi, just checking in to see if you still need help with your question and if my answer was helpful for you or if there is any more information that you need. Thanks!

FamilyAttorney

FamilyAttorney
FamilyAttorney
FamilyAttorney, Lawyer