Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

MY WIFE & I SIGNED & WENT INTO CONTRACT TO BUY A HOME FOR

Customer Question
MY WIFE & I SIGNED...
MY WIFE & I SIGNED & WENT INTO CONTRACT TO BUY A HOME FOR 1.1 MILLION. A FEW DAYS LATER, I FOUND OUT FROM THE BROKER THAT THE BUILDER WANTS ANOTHER 25K. WE ALREADY SPENT $4,000. IN LAWYERS & INSPECTION FEES. CAN WE FILE SUIT TO RECOUP OUR LOSSES & HOLD UP ANY SALE. THANKS, ***** *****
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: QUEENS, NY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: THE CONTRACT & 50K DEPOSIT WAS SENT TO BUILDERS LAWYER, BUT NEVER SIGNED
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/14/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

If they signed a contract or you can prove up there was a valid contract then you can sue for your losses and specific performance of the contract.You can enforce the sale..You may want to consider a lawyer to threaten the builder and see if this can be resolved or file suit.You have rights through the courts under NY contract law and for damages in all of this including legal fees and costs as well.Your next step here is a lawyer to send demand letter, try to resolve it, or file suit.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again and the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Lawyer Referral and Information Service
1(###) ###-####br />Nysbalris.legal.io

Need an attorney in NYC? Call(###) ###-####/p>

Ray, Lawyer