Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

If a senior citizen dies with a will is it necessary to

Customer Question

If a senior citizen dies with a will is it necessary to probate the will if the spouse is listed as getting her posessions? There are 2 adult children but the money left for them has been distributed as they were listed as beneficiaries for those....
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is my question, it is for my neighbor who just buried his wife and asked me to find out what he is required to do.....
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 3 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I prefer not to talk on phone, and this question is for my neighbor who asked me to find info about probate and if it is necessary for him, so I might not have answers to all questions you might have...is it ok to get a general idea of what he can and cannot do?? The money that was left to the two adult children has already been made available to them through the banks.....
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry I did not realize it would be necessary to pay 59.00 for a phone call before getting an answer to my question........thanks anyway

Hi, I'm sorry for any confusion or misunderstanding. The system automatically asks if you want a phone call. You do not have to accept a phone call. You only pay a certain percentage which is normally about 80% off to 90% off of my regular hourly fee. You don't have to pay anything in addition to that. It's just $5 to post your question and then you're charged the remaining money, usually only about 36. $46, after that and no more. Would you like to continue?