Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  29 Years In General Practice,
68197583

Who do I contact to start a legal bill or law that requires

Customer Question

Who do I contact to start a legal bill or law that requires businesses to protect consumers by not scanning drivers licenses or passport to share with a third party? Who is protecting our rights? Who out there is advocating for the consumer? I can't protect my identity if businesses have me by the throat by not serving me and can't tell me how my scanned information is being used or even be held accountable to protecting my information like the healthcare industry is!
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I don't know where to begin
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I legally have to hand over my ID for businesses like Sprint to scan?
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Have you contacted your State legislators?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business