Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I'm on probation, and I talked to my officer, because I

Customer Question

I'm on probation, and I talked to my officer, because I missed a random drug screen. I absolutely could not make the appointment. I've already violated once. She's gonna violate me again. So what do I do. I already paid my attorney for the 1st violation, whats gonna happen on this violation.
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: how much?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: indiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My P.O said we will discuss at my next appointment and continue to call the drugline everyday.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, you will have an issue if this is your second violation, as you can be sentenced to jail for the violation itself (generally 15-30 days) plus you could have your probation revoked and forced to serve the entire original sentence of jail time on the original charge.
You said, you "absolutely could not make the appointment," well that means you have to show up with evidence of why there was no way you could not make the appointment and what was so important or so restricted you that it was impossible to show up as ordered. If you have evidence to show that it was something through no fault or cause of your own that prevented you from showing up, then the court actually can dismiss any violation against you.
You will need an attorney again for this violation though as they can help minimize the damage of the violation with the court and you are facing jail, so you need representation.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.