Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Do you have lawyers that have experience with the Texas

Customer Question

Do you have lawyers that have experience with the Texas parole board
JA: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My husband has been charged with a 2 degree felony in Tx he is currently on parole for a burglary charge in 1990. he has been out for 11 years and this is his first violation. The parole board has not made a decision in his Parole revocation until the charges have been taken care of. My question is if he takes a deferred adjudication plea will the parole board still revoke him and what are his chances are staying on parole. I just want to know if he has a chance
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 14 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 14 days ago.

To answer your first question "if he takes a deferred adjudication plea will the parole board still revoke him "

Generally the parole board counts a deferred adjudication as a conviction for their purposes and will revoke parole.

To answer your second question " what are his chances are staying on parole"

It is very likely that he will not be able to remain on parole.

Texas is not as prone to revoking parole as they were a few years ago but the commission of another crime is one which will usually get a revocation issued. Also, the burden of proof necessary for a violation of parole (or probation for that matter) is much lower than it is for a conviction in a criminal court.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.