Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My wife and I have a will from the state of Florida but had

Customer Question

My wife and I have a will from the state of Florida but had to move back to New York for health reasons.Is that Florida will still valid in New York state? We are elderly and don't have a lot in the form of assets. Thank You.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Just our Florida will.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Is that Florida will still valid in New York state?

.

Yes, a will is valid in every state as long as it was properly executed in the state where it was created. This is under the Full Faith and Credit clause of the US Constitution that says that every state will recognize legal documents created in another state.

.

So you don't need to do a thing as long as your will still is still accurate as to what you want to have happen to your estate.

.

.

thanks