How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27747
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been Charged with the crime of Damage to property and

Customer Question

I have been Charged with the crime of Damage to property and I live off 735.00 a month and go to final court on the 11th of Age and don't have a lawyer for this and when I tried to get one they wanted 1000.00 was the cheapest .I live in brown county and it is the Howard Municipal count..What can I do because I'm 61 years old and didn't do it
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes .I got a citation on April 6th
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

At that income level, you should be eligible for a public defender. Ask the judge to appoint you one. Have you tried that?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.