How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19133
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you for answering my question about the storage unit.

Customer Question

Thank you for answering my question about the storage unit. I have another one about the unit. When I started to rent. About 3 months later Im told he had the break the lock. He had put his own lock on the unit. And to let him know when I needed in. He was never available. This is a 24hr.access. I have asked him many times to replace the lock. He would always tell me he didn't have one. I have tried enter my unit many times for almost 3 years and couldn't and always payed him rent except the past 3 months. When I was finally able to get in. Several ems were missing. Can I be compensated for this?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 14 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for requesting for my assistance once more.

Yes, you can ask for compensation for the missing items. Also, you MUST be given a lock to have access to the Unit at your convenience. Otherwise, you are not getting the value for the services that you paid and you must be compensated for lack of reasonable access to your Unit. This should be part of your lawsuit against the storage facility:

lack of access to Unit;

missing items;

any other grievance you have against the facility must be included in the lawsuit for breach of contract.

The lawsuit would be filed at the Courthouse in the County where the facility is located. You can obtain complaint forms in the Clerk's office

Goodluck with your case.