Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Thank you for answering my question about the storage unit.

Customer Question

Thank you for answering my question about the storage unit. I have another one about the unit. When I started to rent. About 3 months later Im told he had the break the lock. He had put his own lock on the unit. And to let him know when I needed in. He was never available. This is a 24hr.access. I have asked him many times to replace the lock. He would always tell me he didn't have one. I have tried enter my unit many times for almost 3 years and couldn't and always payed him rent except the past 3 months. When I was finally able to get in. Several ems were missing. Can I be compensated for this?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 14 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for requesting for my assistance once more.

Yes, you can ask for compensation for the missing items. Also, you MUST be given a lock to have access to the Unit at your convenience. Otherwise, you are not getting the value for the services that you paid and you must be compensated for lack of reasonable access to your Unit. This should be part of your lawsuit against the storage facility:

lack of access to Unit;

missing items;

any other grievance you have against the facility must be included in the lawsuit for breach of contract.

The lawsuit would be filed at the Courthouse in the County where the facility is located. You can obtain complaint forms in the Clerk's office

Goodluck with your case.