Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Pa criminal trespassing by a minor who is 11 years old. This

Customer Question

Pa criminal trespassing by a minor who is 11 years old. This girl has thrown rocks at my windows, thrown tomatoes and water balloons at my door. I have asked her to leave our property multiple times and she just ignores my request.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. two reports have been filed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can she be charged as a minor at such a young age? By PA law minors count as 14 and up.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

She can be charged as a juvenile offender but it is unlikely they will charge her with criminal trespass. Due to her age it makes it hard to prove that she had a complete understanding of that law. There are other charges though, such as criminal mischief or harassment which will be a more likely offense for the authorities to pursue.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

I am about to go offline for the evening. I will be back online tomorrow so if you have any follow up questions please ask them in this thread and I will answer them as soon as I see them. If you haven't issued a Positive Rating yet I would encourage you to do so now. Issuing a Positive Rating will prevent the question from timing out and closing and will lock it open so it can be accessed and the Q and A can continue at any time from this evening or even a year or more from now.