How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 57686
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I postpone or change a civil court case in

Customer Question

how can I postpone or change a civil court case in california
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes everything has been filed it is an eviction and court date is this Friday but owner is out of country and cant get back in time so date needs to be changed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 3 months ago.
Negotiate an extension with adversary and do a a stipulation.
Alternatively a letter to the court seeking an extension.
Seek an adjournment on the court date preferably through a lawyer.