In 1979 I married an abusive man. A year later he was

In 1979 I married...

In 1979 I married an abusive man. A year later he was awarded custody of his son & the son's 2 brothers. To shorten the story his son accused us of abuse. Physical abuse charges were dropped cause we plead guilty to mentally & emotional abuse .Records have been expunged but not the charges. I don't have clearance so I am unable to help with Vacation Bible School in the Summer. Can I get the charges dropped?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? Have any charges been officially filed?

In Pa .My criminal record is clear but not child abuse

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In the early 1980's child abuse charges were filed. The record mhas been expubged

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

7/12/2017
Michael Bradley

did you plead to a crime? If so what was the crime?

what was the punishment?

have you tried to get child abuse clearance?

Michael Bradley
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My memory is not super clear on the subject. We did not have a trial. We were given the option of pleading guilty to mental & emotional abuse & physical abuse charges would be dropped OR having an actual trial. Our lawyer advised us to take the deal. I didn't ask if I could still teach. I assumed if we didn't have a trial I could. I was afraid of my husband & was glad not to have a trial. I was naive then.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
call me. I do need to leave for church @ 6:40
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can we talk Fri.?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried twice to get clearance. Response was charges founded. They said I could work with kids under certain circumstances. Asked what that meant. Response was unclear. Didn't pursue .My church let me teach Sunday School & Bible School as long as I wasn't alone.