In 1979 I married an abusive man. A year later he was

In 1979 I married...

In 1979 I married an abusive man. A year later he was awarded custody of his son & the son's 2 brothers. To shorten the story his son accused us of abuse. Physical abuse charges were dropped cause we plead guilty to mentally & emotional abuse .Records have been expunged but not the charges. I don't have clearance so I am unable to help with Vacation Bible School in the Summer. Can I get the charges dropped?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? Have any charges been officially filed?

In Pa .My criminal record is clear but not child abuse

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In the early 1980's child abuse charges were filed. The record mhas been expubged

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

7/12/2017
Michael Bradley

did you plead to a crime? If so what was the crime?

what was the punishment?

have you tried to get child abuse clearance?

Michael Bradley
My memory is not super clear on the subject. We did not have a trial. We were given the option of pleading guilty to mental & emotional abuse & physical abuse charges would be dropped OR having an actual trial. Our lawyer advised us to take the deal. I didn't ask if I could still teach. I assumed if we didn't have a trial I could. I was afraid of my husband & was glad not to have a trial. I was naive then.
call me. I do need to leave for church @ 6:40
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
can we talk Fri.?
I have tried twice to get clearance. Response was charges founded. They said I could work with kids under certain circumstances. Asked what that meant. Response was unclear. Didn't pursue .My church let me teach Sunday School & Bible School as long as I wasn't alone.
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer