Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

My neighbor stacked firewood on my property. I tried talking

Customer Question

My neighbor stacked firewood on my property. I tried talking to him but he just said do you want me to call the cops. Can I love it off my land legally?
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Send a letter by certified mail to your neighbor telling them that they have trespassed on your land and have left the firewood on it. State that if they do not remove it within 10 days you will treat it as abandoned and have it removed from your property.

If it costs you to have it removed you can sue them for the costs. But I suspect that you will be able to have it removed at no cost or sell it.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald